Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sail is up and rough wind
Floating amidst water
Winding road and wavy sea
Breaking tide on the beach
Sitting sipping my tea
In the desert
Cactus camel and she
And her lips in the desert storm
Cracked and parched for mine
But the wind is rough
And the eyes are blinded
By sand and dust
If only I could sail to you?
If only the desert would turn into sea?
If only I could swim in sand?
If only I could finish my tea?
The endless stream of sea
Pouring down
Making a winding steam
In the sand storm
The twisting grains
Floating endlessly
Against the wind
Like I floating against the tide
Like you walking with the wind
Like us floating apart
By now you know where to go
Time is against me
But with you.
Your lips and mine
They speak differently
They speak the same
They speak of the tides
The storm and the thirst
And the loneliness
And the lines on the palm
Like the shifting lines of the sand
Like the rippling tide
Remember the movie hall
The changing rays and
The same scene
The monotonous voice
The fire in the street
A ship in high tide
Captain sipping tea
The woman in the desert
The thirst and the lips
Far away but a seat away.
After all we are there.
We are here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home