Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I prefer to call it a monologue.
Some would say
It is an act of madness.
And I would say
‘You have tuned into the right channel.
Your favourite songs and some love poems
By Pablo Neruda.’
Then I would wait for an answer.
But it’s late
And beauty is sleeping.
But the radio is on
And I have half an hour.
I would pick up the guitar and sing.
Then I would read poetry.
I would dedicate lines to her.
I am here to entertain.
I would make mistakes.
But the boss won’t fire me
Because I have one listener
And her eyes are closed.
Her mind wandering,
And her soul meandering,
Hungry for love.
Gone to sleep.
Half an hour of monologue would seem long
But it was very short.
Others would say it is madness
I would say,
‘Goodnight.
See you in your dreams.’

1 Comments:

Blogger rorschach said...

i am here orjunda. just dropped by for a while. haven't read anythin. but just came with the promise to. too much work now. will keep the promise though.

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home