Thursday, January 11, 2007

A cat meowed. A dog barked. A plane flew overhead. I lost my mind.

I am truly insane wasting time with you, scribbling lines on you, but it’s time we meet and I tell you my ordeal without you adding your valuable suggestions.

Its evening and I look at my watch but time doesn’t register anymore. Time it seems has blurred. Every minute is a cigarrette. Every second is an apple. Every hour is a blink. Every day is a cup of tea. Every month is yet to passby. I have missed my plane out of Delhi. I missed it intentionally. I realised staying grounded is the best way to fly.

She slipped and slithered and her fur rubbed my skin. Love shone like a burning star. Her eyes blinked. The cigarrette burned in the ashtray. My fingers ran over her skin. Her claws went down my back. She slipped and slid. She moved in mysterious ways. I moved in without a question overlooking her motive,if she had any. She had one.Love. Every second seemed like an apple. Everyday a smoke and a cup of tea and a discussion on how world is sinking under a bed of harmony. The clock ticked and time flew. Outside, the temperature dropped and inside it rose. Planes flew overhead but my mind stayed grounded.


I had a lot of time to give her. I am an undergraduate student of math in my final year. I would come back home tired with her always waiting for me.We would talk about the world and how days go by. We would grow closer everyday. We walked with each other for long hours. We would never get bored. We decided never to get bored. Boredom in each others company was impossible. Everyday we had something to do. Everynight we had to talk. Everytime love was confessed. Everysecond skin was carressed. Every minute a kiss exchanged. Everyhour love was made. I believed what I saw. I believed what I heard.

Night changed into day and day into night and love into a glass of wine. Flowing east and west. Flowing north and south. Flowing everydirection. Every sip was cherished. Every moment enjoyed. Every hour intoxicated. I became blind.

The parked car stands alone in the dead of night. Moisture trickles down the windhield. A dog shivers and crawls under the car to keep himself warm.A cat, she sleeps on a warm bed. A bed for two lies empty. The warmth has left the room and the coldness has crept through the window. Colour has frozen in the Delhi winter. Colour has lost its smell warmth and touch. It’s a different type of conversation now. Its all white and blue. We were perfect together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home