Sunday, April 08, 2007

Stranger,

Heed my calling,

The world is waning,

Like the Softly spoken words

On a windy day.

Bruised and battered

Are my arrogance and ignorance,

Shaped like a withered leaf

Twisting and falling

To the calling

of the earth.

I count and subtract

They should decrease everyday.

But they simply multiply and grow

I wonder if I will ever know;

Where are you?

How have you been?

And how is life?

So stranger

please heed my calling,

I will walk you till the end of this road.

The bend is up ahead,

Beyond that point my vision fails.

If it is circular or straight

I will never know.

Will we kiss?

Shall we sing?

Share a glass of wine on the way?

Rest in each others arm for a while?

Smoke a cigarette?

Share thoughts?

Grow older and closer?

Or grow fear and danger?

My dear stranger,

Walk with me

The night is just right.

1 Comments:

Blogger peter pan said...

it's good to hear your voice again, never a ramble to be missed.
soon, i hope - i might be sailing homeward soon enough and then we shall talk.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home